The following are excerpts taken from Jon’s book, Who Do You Think You Are? Discovering the Power of Kingdom Identity (www.kingdomidentity.wordpress.com)
“For the church in the West to come alive, it needs to resolve its identity crisis, to stand on truth, to renew its vision…” – Charles Colson
“I have been a discipler and a counselor of countless people. I have also taught discipleship and pastoral counseling at the seminary level and in churches and leadership conferences across the country and around the world. I have found one common denominator for all struggling Christians. They do not know who they are in Christ, nor do they understand what it means to be a child of God.” -Neil T. Anderson
There is a desperate need in the church today for the Children of God to stand up and recognize who they are in Christ. Unfortunately many of us have been raised with the belief that we’re not good enough. Even in Christianity there is a tendency to view ourselves as unworthy. There is a tremendous need in the body of Christ for believers to stop seeing themselves as “sinners saved by grace” and to start seeing ourselves as holy, justified, saints. As Bill Johnson puts it: “Apart from Christ, we are unworthy. And it’s true that without Him we are nothing. But I’m not without Him, and I never will be again!” (1) Proverbs 23:7 tells us: “As a man thinks in His heart, so is he.” We will never rise above who we think we are. If we continue to view ourselves as sinners, we will never be able to access the grace to live as saints. If we continue to see ourselves as unworthy, we will forever attempt to merit favor with God through our works. If we continue to see ourselves as powerless, we will never fully grasp all that Messiah purchased for us on the cross.
So who am I, according to God?
– I am child of God
(But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name John 1:12)
– I am Gods workmanship, created for good works
(For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Eph 2:10)
– I am a partaker of Jesus’ divine nature
(2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.)
– I am the righteousness of God
(For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor 5: 21)
– I am the head and not the tail
(Deut 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath)
– I am a citizen of heaven.
(For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Phl 3:20)
– I am a member of Jesus’ body
(Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 1 Cor 12:27)
– I am a saint, a holy one
(To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus: Eph 1:1)
– I am a temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells within me
(you are the temple of God and [that] the Spirit of God dwells in you 1 Cor 3:16)
– I am a new creation. Old things have passed away, and all things have become new inside of me.
(Therefore, if anyone [is] in Christ, [he is] a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Cor 5:17)
– I am an ambassador (representative, spokesperson) for Jesus
(Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us 2 Cor 5:20)
– I am a witness of Jesus Christ, and I have received power from on High
(But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me* in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8)
– I am united with the Lord and I am one spirit with Him
(But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit [with Him]. 1 Cor 6:17)
– I am the salt of the earth and the light of the world and I cannot be hidden.
(You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.  “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Mat 5:13-14)
– I am complete in Jesus
(and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Col 2:10)
– I am free from condemnation.
(There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
– I am justified by Jesus, and Jesus Christ makes intersession for me. I am free from any condemning charges against me.
(If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?  Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? [It is] God who justifies.  Who [is] he who condemns? [It is] Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
– I am secure in Gods love. I cannot be separated from His love.
(Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [Shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?  As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”  Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39)
– I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God.
(Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us [is] God,  who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 2 Cor 1:21-22)
– I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected.
(He who has begun a good work in you will complete [it] until the day of Jesus Christ Phil 1:6)
– I can come boldly to the throne of God and obtain grace and mercy to help me in my time of need.
(Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4:16)
– I am born of God, I do not sin, and the evil one cannot touch me.
(We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 1 John 5:18)
– I abide in Jesus and bear much fruit
(“I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5)
– I have been justified and have peace with God
(Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, Romans 5:1)
– I am the temple of the Holy Spirit
(Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [who is] in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Cor 6:19-20)
– I have been adopted as God’s child
(having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, Eph 1:5)
– I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
(For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Eph 2:18)
– I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
(in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. Col 1:14)
– I abide in Jesus and I am a branch of the true vine, Jesus, and I will bear much fruit
(“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;* and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.  You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.  Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  “I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:1, 5)
– I have been chosen and appointed by God to bear fruit. My fruit will remain, and whatever I ask God He will give me.
(You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. John 15:16)
– I have been reconciled to God and I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
(Now all things [are] of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,  that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:18-19)
– I have been given the Holy Spirit, therefore I have within me: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control
– I am seated with God in the heavenly realm
(and raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in the heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus Eph 2:6)
– I have been blessed with all spiritual blessings
(Eph 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ
– I was healed – once and forever – by Jesus’ death on the cross. God has taken my infirmities and born my sickness. I walk in divine health.
(who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness–by whose stripes you were healed. 1 Peter 2:24)
(that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: “He Himself took our infirmities And bore [our] sicknesses.” Mat 8:17)
– I am assured that all things work together for my good.
(And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose.
I am Forgiven!