Another Day at the Park

mm114

Can you count the children?  :)

A friend of mine recently had a baby, so we volunteered to take her older children last week, and we all headed to our state park for the day.  I really expected the day to be somewhat exhausting (in all, we had eleven children with us) but instead I had so much fun that I honestly can’t wait to do it again!  The children all got along so well and it was really fun to see our youngest boy tagging along with my friend’s little girl and the older girls playing “follow the leader” together.  It was also really wonderful to watch my older daughter interact with my friend’s two year old girl.  When Little One needed a diaper change, my daughter volunteered and when Little One bumped her head, Bunchkin was right there to pick her up and cuddle with her.  It was really beautiful to watch my daughter looking out for and helping her little friend.  I was so proud at the caring girl she is growing up to be.  My friend’s older boys were incredible, too, and gave me a glimpse into what I hope my boys will grow up to become. They were polite and helpful and honestly just fun to be around.  They love skateboarding and roller blading (something I love to watch) and I’m looking forward to going to our skate park soon to see them in action.

Going to the park also afforded me the opportunity to shoot some really fun pictures and I was really excited to get the practice.  Even the older boys were willing to pose for me, and I got some really great shots!  I’m working on setting up a photography blog, so if anyone wants to see the pictures, let me know and I’ll send you the link once it’s up.  In the meantime, here are a few fun shots I got during the day:

mm23

mm42

mm51

mm50

mm52

mm113

mm93

This entry was posted in Daybook, PERSONAL. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Another Day at the Park

1. karinann says:

Rina,
    You are quite a photographer. These are great pictures.
    I can’t believe the deer let you get that close to them.
    Taking your friend’s children to help her out is a thoughtful gift, but you and your family were also blessed by this lovely day in the park.
    God Bless.

Thank you Karinann and Ashley. Aside from having fun with the kids, I was blessed by the chance to do a photo shoot! :) I really needed the practice and was excited about the results!

2. Ashley says:

Beautiful! I love looking at your pictures. You are very good with the camera. And you have the sweetest family!!!

3. Jo says:

OF COURSE we want the link to the photography blog! (I really like the picture of the kiss!)

4. Erika says:

Wow! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I love your photography, I think you capture more than just simple photos. We can see the love and joy, and the beauty of God’s creation come through with each and every photo. I’m glad you’re setting up a place to share your photography, you’re very good at it.

Thank you so much, Erika! That’s so nice of you to say. I MAY have my first paying client set up soon… someone at my step-mom’s work has expressed an interest. It’s a bit soon to be starting that but I figure it never hurts to try, and if they turn out horrible at least I’ll have gotten the experience!

5. motherhen68 says:

Oh yes, I’d like a link to the new blog. I LOVE that photo of your friend’s daughter jumping across the tables. Great shot!

Karinann, you must feel about facebook the way I feel about twitter. :)
      Michal, thank you for stopping by to visit! I hope to get to know you better.
      Jerri and Motherhen, I sent you both an email.
      Jennifer, Thank you for the book suggestions! I’ll put those on my list.

It looks like you had a great day at the park. It was so nice of you to take your friend’s children. And I already know from looking at your other pictures from the day that you got some really good shots. Those should be a delight to your friend as well.

7. Denise Bright says:

Rina,
    I think that I saw your friends kids at the Glasgow Highland Games this past Sunday. I wondered why they looked familiar to me, and I think it was because I had seen the pictures you had taken of them. Can you ask your friend if they were there? I enjoy finding out when things in my mind are truly clicking.

Denise, Yes, they were there, and I know that because they came to our house for a visit right afterward! How funny – what a small world!