June 1, 2009 (Outside My Window)

swdaybook

We’ve spent a lot of time outdoors lately, enjoying the beautiful weather, so for today’s Daybook I thought it would be fun to post pictures of what’s going on “outside my window.”

We have some bumblebees making a nest inside one of our birdhouses:

001

002

001a

Our kids have been spending lots of time swimming

001b

And Daddy has taken us to play miniature golf

001k

001j

001l

With less than stellar results

001x

The sky was beautiful that day

001h

001i

001o

On the way home from another outing, we saw the most beautiful rainbow

001m

When we got home, we saw that it ended right over our neighbor’s house.

001n

I wonder if I should hit her up for some gold?

We’ve spent lots of time at our local park, and were able to take our friends Brian and Tracy with us during one of our trips

001s

we got to visit a bat cave!

001e

But Grandma wouldn’t go.

001y

001d

On another trip, we saw some deer

001g

and, for the first time, a buck:

5-09-6 67b

(I’m sorry you missed them, Brian and Tracy!  We’ll just have to go back some time.)

On the way home from another park trip, we got slightly lost but passed by some beautiful fields

001z

I LOVE living in the country!

Oh, and speaking of what’s going on outdoors, our kittens are getting huge and adorable, but I haven’t uploaded pictures yet.  Stop by to visit next week and I’ll have pictures posted of them!

Have a great week, everyone!

Related Posts:

More Daybook Entries

Daybook entries by other “Simple Women

Bookmark and Share
This entry was posted in Daybook, PERSONAL. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to June 1, 2009 (Outside My Window)

1. zoe says:

I’ve never been in a real bat cave, but did go in the bat enclosure at the local safari park, which is kind of a smaller man made version!

Zoe, it was really neat! We couldn’t go far enough in to see them sleeping but we did see a few flying around the outside and that was really cool!
      Karin, I’m honored! Thank you very much.
      Jerri, that’s my favorite, too! I took it just as the sun was setting and the colors were brilliant!
      LOL, Brian.

2. Karin says:

Rina,
    Looks like you had a great day at the park. Those rainbows are so rare! I think I would have stayed with grandma during the bat cave walk.
    PS- Just wanted to let you know I’ve passed on the Golden Heart Award to you. You can see the Award post at
    http://www.daysblessings.blogspot.com. You can save the award button right to your computer.
    Thanks for all your inspiring photographs!

3. Jerri says:

Rina,

As usual, your photos are lovely. I like the one of the hayfield (the last one) best. The colors are stunning!

4. serenanog says:

Wow! So beautiful!

5. Tracy says:

Rina,
    I think that buck is intentionally posing. My suspicions are certain.
    Brian

6. Jerri says:

Rina,

I just had to come back and say thank you for your nice comment about my landscape pictures. Coming from you, that is high praise indeed. I just love to come to your site to see what new pictures you’ve taken!

That’s such a nice thing to say… I really appreciate your compliment! Seriously, though, I’m no good at landscapes and I admire those who are. When I was looking at your pictures I was thinking about how I probably could have stood in the exact same spot and not have seen what you saw there. I love to look at beautiful landcapes, but I really struggle when it comes to composition of them. You’re a natural!

7. Tracy says:

Rina,
    We had such a good time with you guys at Mammoth Cave and cannot wait to go back again with you all. I’m so glad you got to see the deer. Those pictures are beautiful!! I know the next time we go we’ll see them.

I love the pictures of you all playing miniature golf; it looks like you had so much fun!

Tracy

We had a great time, too, Tracy! The golfing trip was pretty funny… the kids were all over the place and played a few holes then ran around looking at everything, then played a few again. I don’t think that was exactly what Jon was hoping for, but they had fun anyway!

So beautiful! I love your pictures of the deer and the field.

9. These pictures are breath takingly beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.