Mocha is still not doing well, the vet called today and she is hardly even standing anymore.  She’s going to try another medication, but after this there may not be much we can do.

Mini Pearl will go to the vet on Thursday, because our van is still in the shop and then we’ll have to wait a few days before we get her test results back.

Lucy is much better… sometimes it almost looks as if she’s limping slightly, but if so it’s very very slight. If she continues to look a little “off” tomorrow, we’ll call the vet out again.

I’ve been thinking a lot about what we’ll do if Mini Pearl’s test results come back positive for CL.  Obviously, we’ll have to test the entire herd and most likely we’d put down any animals whose tests results come back positive.  We’d have to move everyone out of the field they’re in now, because the soil could potentially be contaminated for another five months, and I’m not really sure where they’d go.  We have the ability to rent a few more acres near us, so at least that’s an option, but it would mean that the goats wouldn’t be visible to us from the house which would be both sad and a little stressful.  But when it all comes down to it, I’m standing on two things.  First – I believe with all my heart that God wanted these animals here and that He gave them to us and that nothing can happen here that He won’t take care of… even if He doesn’t take care of it quite the way I think He should.  And second – ALL things work together for good to those who love Him.

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.”

Amen to that.


This entry was posted in Anxiety, Faith, Farm & Garden, Fear, PERSONAL. Bookmark the permalink.